Whether you’re starting a new business or you’ve been in business a while, you’ll probably agree it’s important that you have a good website.
What makes a good website? Is it gorgeous design, eye-popping images, functionality, mobile compatibility, or speed etc. With so much to think about, web copy is often pushed to the bottom of the list.
Here are 5 reasons why you should care about your web copy….
1. Your website visitors spend less than 6 seconds reading your content. Click, scroll, click, scroll, whoosh! That’s the sound of someone leaving your website. Give your customers clear, concise words and make them stay longer.
2. Bad spelling and grammar loses customers. Your website looks amazing, your products rock – but it’s a fact that most people won’t trust your business if you can’t spell. Make sure you have excellent grammar and spelling by hiring a copywriter.
3. Great web copy gets your business noticed. What’s the point in having a website if no one can find it? Copywriters know how to get your business found by search engines, generate more organic traffic to your website and bring in more sales.
4. Websites should be exciting to read. You might be the sales or technical expert – but there is such a thing as being too close to a subject. Not only are copywriters experts at untangling cryptic jargon, they know how to keep people reading, communicate your brand and make even the most boring subject sound enticing!
5. Fresh, new content is vital. A website is not a book, it’s a living breathing thing. Your customers and search engines want new, interesting content. A copywriter can help you with new content, pop-ups, sign-up forms and blogs for your site – and get your visitors coming back!
Copywriting is the most persuasive – yet undervalued tool in your marketing toolbox. By outsourcing your web copy to a professional copywriter you can say goodbye to your writer’s block. You’ll get words that communicate your brand, get your business noticed and persuade more people to click, get in touch and buy!