I’m Jenny Wishart
Freelance copywriting hero with big hair and a big smile.
Based in Wellington, New Zealand, I help public and private sector organisations with top-notch copy.
Why work with me?
Because my super-powers are:
- My outgoing personality and my hands-on, can-do attitude. I’m easy to work with and love working with individuals and teams.
- My flair for writing in a variety of different styles. Such as informative, emotional, creative, journalistic, and business.
- My talent for writing clear, concise, plain language. To help people find information quickly and understand what they are reading.
- My ability to adjust voice and tone to match your brand’s personality. Whether it’s serious, humorous, informative, or inspiring.
- My top-notch interview skills where I have the talent to get to the heart of a story. I’m naturally curious and love asking questions.
- My ability to take complex topics and write content that is enjoyable and interesting to read. Such as news, case studies and educational topics.
- My knack for finding the right combination of words. To engage, excite, entertain, inform, and connect with your customers.
- My gift for telling stories. I love digging into the details to uncover and craft authentic and compelling stories that connect with audiences.
P.S I’m also excellent at grammar, spelling, and proofreading, so you don’t have to be!
What’s in it for you?
Why I’m the right gal for the job
I have experience
I have five years of experience as a freelance copywriter and over fifteen years of experience writing copy across various industries.
I work well with others
I play nice with others and have solid working relationships with several agencies, comms professionals, web designers, SEO content writers, graphic designers, and photographers.
I’m a word nerd and a grammar geek
I know my way around a dictionary, a thesaurus, love idioms, and I know some cracking puns.
My back story
I was born in Bournemouth, England, by the sea. My grandparents had one of those cute British beach huts in Mudeford, Christchurch. I would spend my summers fishing for shrimps, rowing, sailing, and enjoying time with my family.
After school, I moved to London and went to Kingston University, followed by two more years at Solent University, Southampton. My first corporate role was as an in-house copywriter during a placement year for P&O Cruises.
I graduated from university, left England, and lived on a yacht – sailing the entire length of the Barrier Reef. While travelling in Australia, I wrote a journal, bungee-jumped, leapt out of planes, learned to scuba dive, and read many books. I went to Bali and tried to surf (very badly) and then took a job as a deckhand on a yacht in Phuket, Thailand.
I returned to the U.K., worked for JP Morgan Chase in Bournemouth, met a kiwi, and emigrated to New Zealand. He was a winemaker, and we lived in Hawkes Bay. I worked as a contractor writing copy for a handful of small businesses, we kept chickens and went surfing in our spare time. Then we got married, bought a house, and had two kids!
We moved to Wellington, and I raised my boys (sometimes singlehandedly). At the same time, my husband had a job that took him travelling across New Zealand and overseas. To keep me sane, I started freelancing as a writer for local businesses and wrote a parenting blog.
Today I live on the top of a windy hill in the suburb of Karori, Wellington, surrounded by native bush. I’m a working Mum with a thriving copywriting business. My kids keep me busy cooking meals, driving to football, swimming and piano lessons. Thanks to my husband, I have a good wine palate and a well-stocked wine cellar.
Let's get your
Stop pulling out your hair! I'm here to help