I’m sure you’ll agree that marketing your business is essential if you want more leads, more sales and more customers.
1. They bring a fresh set of eyes and ears
When you’ve been selling your products and/or services for some time, it’s easy to get stuck saying the same old thing over and over again. But what if this same old thing isn’t working?
A copywriter brings a fresh set of eyes and ears to your business. When I work with new clients, I like to ask them:
- Why do you do what you do? – vision, purpose, values, goals
- What image do you want to portray?
- Who are your competitors?
- Why should I buy from you?
- What do you want your visitors to do? – book a chat, call you etc.
With clear marketing messages and your ideal audience front of mind – you will get better results with your marketing spend.
2. They get to know your customers
How well do you know your customers? You might know what they do, how old they are and where they live, but when was the last time you really gave it any further thought?
The biggest part of copywriting is research. A good copywriter needs to be able to picture in their head exactly who they are writing for. Why? Because effective copy gets into the hearts and minds of your customers.
- Who is your ideal client? What do they like? Where do they hang out? Do they read magazines? What social media channels are they on? What blogs do they read?
- What problems do they have? What keeps them awake at night?
- How are you going to help them?
3. They listen to you talk
A good copywriter is an active listener. In fact, they should do more listening than talking! They should be asking you lots of questions so they get to know your tone of voice and write the content as if it was your own.
Here is a testimonial I received from a happy client,
“There’s a reason you are a copywriter. I really appreciate the work done, I am proud and confident of the words on the website. They truly are my own.” Adeola Bamgbose, DeoCare NZ.
4. They write content that stands out from the crowd
Your website visitors cannot be bothered to read every page on your website to understand how you can help them. They want their questions answered quickly and they want you to make it easy for them to buy from you.
Similarly, your visitors want to be spoken to like humans. Clear, concise language that is easy to read. With so many blogs, case studies, news articles and other web content out there, yours needs to be relevant and refreshing.
A creative copywriter is more than a content writer. A copywriter uses skill and research to create emotionally compelling content. Words that reach the subconscious and inspire people to take action!
5. They get your business found
Copywriters understand that they are writing for two audiences. One is humans and the other is search engines like Google.
I optimise content for SEO. Which means, I research into what keywords are being used on all the most popular search engines and build them into your content. When people type these words into search engines it improves your ranking on Google and makes it easier for them to find you!